Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution applies to stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a server run by a web hosting provider. There are various varieties of hosting services used for different aims, so let's examine these. In this way, you can decide what you need, based on whether you wish to launch a web site, email accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by various providers, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts are frequently supported by showing advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the load between individual stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web space hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a vast number of pics with pals or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will get a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your e-mail aliases. Some companies offer web space hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to operate as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to possess a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Professional WEB Hosting, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular web content solely.